4v4 CoEd Tournament
Time & Location
About The Event
OB/VB Tournament Structure:
- 4v4 coed
- Pool play followed by 2 single elimination playoffs
- Each team will play at least 5 games
- Games will go to 21 points in the pool. Must win by 2 points. No cap.
OB/VB Tournament Rules:
- 4 PLAYER MAX PER TEAM at LEAST ( 1 Women / 1 Men per team) ***
- If you are a free agent and would like to be matched with a team please contact us directly with your playing experience. We will try to match you up with other available free agents. AA (Experienced), A(Advanced), B(Intermediate), C (Beginner).
- Nets are set at Men's height 2.43 m (7' 11 5/8”)
- Ball can be played off the net on a volley and on a serve
- You cannot touch the net (exception if the net is hit into you by a hard driven ball)
- A player may never use an open hand to volley a serve nor can a player execute an open-handed volley on first contact with the ball unless it is hard driven.(A serve does not count as a hard driven ball)
- Games are self-refed (if there are any issues OB/VB organizers will be there to answer any questions)
- If a ball rolls on the court, please stop play for safety purposes and replay point
- No timeouts allowed, unless there is an injury
- Maximum of 3 hits per side
- Block does not count as a touch
- It is legal to contact the ball with any part of the players body
- A player cannot block or attack a serve
- It is illegal to catch, hold, or throw the ball
- Age minimum 16+
- Hand setting will be called (more than 1.5-2+ rotations is no good). We will go over this specific rule on the day of the tournament.
The tournament director reserves the right to remove player for unsportsmanlike conduct. Removed players will be banned from future OB/VB Sponsored events including leagues and tournaments. This tournament is designed to encourage and help new players to get better and reward top players for their performance.
There is a $25 Administrative Fee for all cancellations prior to two days before each event. No refund will be given for cancellations within two days of the start of the tournament.
The tournament will be only be canceled if there is severe rain or thunder storms. There will be no cancellations due to windy conditions. If tournament is canceled due to weather, you will receive your registration fee back.