The Ocean Beach Open
Time & Location
About The Event
OB/VB Tournament Structure:
- 2v2 Men and Women tournament
- Pool play followed by winners and conciliation seeded playoff brackets
- Each team will play at least 4 games
- Games will go to 21 points(rally scoring). Must win by 2 points. Cap at 25
OB/VB Tournament Rules:
- Arrive 30-45 minutes prior to start time in order to register/warm up. (FIRST SERVE 10:00 AM)!
- Nets are set at Men's height for the men and Women's height for the women. Short court.
- Ball can be played off the net on a volley and on a serve
- Cannot cross or step on the back line when serving
- You cannot touch the net (exception if the net is hit into you by a hard driven ball)
- A player may never use an open hand to volley a serve nor can a player execute an open-handed volley on first contact with the ball unless it is hard driven.(A serve does not count as a hard driven ball)
- Hand setting will be called (more than 1.5-2+ rotations is no good). We will go over this specific rule on the day of the tournament.
- Games are self-refed (if there are any issues OB/VB organizers will be there to answer any questions)
- If a ball rolls on the court, please stop play for safety purposes and replay point
- No timeouts allowed, unless there is an injury
- Maximum of 3 hits per side
- Block will count as a touch
- It is legal to contact the ball with any part of the players body
- A player cannot block or attack a serve
- It is illegal to catch, hold, or throw the ball
- AGE MINIMUM: 16+ (Minors must have a guardian present at the registration table on the day of the event)
The tournament director reserves the right to remove player for unsportsmanlike conduct. Removed players will be banned from future OB/VB Sponsored events including leagues and tournaments. This tournament is designed to encourage new players to work into the A/AA scene and reward top players for their performance. Winning in this format usually means "playing nice" with everybody so show up with a good attitude.
There is a $25 Administrative Fee for all cancellations prior to two days before each event. No refund will be given for cancellations within two days of the start of the tournament.
In case of cancelation due to severe and unpredicted weather conditions, we will move the tournament to Sunday, March 10th. We will play with slight rain or wind, outdoor conditions are unpredictable so please be prepared to play in any condition.
- Men Open (Team Entry)$60$600$0
- Women Open (Team Entry)$60$600$0
- Free Agent (Men’s)$30$300$0
- Free Agent (Women’s)$30$300$0